A terrifying cyclops approaches the main gate, and he's not alone. You and your Irregulars are the only ones who can stop the monsters from storming the city. Fail to defeat them, and Akros will fall. Succeed, and you'll become a hero worthy of the gods.
This duel introduces enchantments (Honor of the Pure and Armored Ascension). The duel is fairly simple if the player attacks aggressively enough, so the player may not even see the Armored Ascension (which is drawn on turn 8).
It is possible to defeat the Cyclops on turn 5 as follows:
- On turn 1, play Elite Vanguard.
- On turn 2, attack for 2, then play Traveling Philosopher. (Cyclops at 18.)
- On turn 3, attack for 4 (the Cyclops will have a Brushstrider available to block, but declines to do so), then play Eagle of the Watch. (Cyclops at 14.)
- On the Cyclops's turn 3, decline to block the Brushstrider.
- On turn 4, attack with just Eagle of the Watch (the Cyclops has a 3/3 to block your other creatures with), then play Great Hart. (Cyclops at 12.)
- On the Cyclops's turn 4, block the Brushstrider with Great Hart and decline to block the Bloodrush Cyclops.
- On turn 5, play Honor of the Pure and Glorious Charge, so you can attack with four creatures with 4 power while the Cyclops only has one creature (Cyclops of One-Eyed Pass) to block with, guaranteeing 12 damage. (Cyclops at 0.)
The AI's unwillingness to block with Brushstrider on turn 3 and its attack with the 3/1 Brushstrider into the player's 2/4 on its turn 4 are heavy contributors to the player's ability to execute this turn-5 win.