Basic Lands are lands that may be tapped to produce mana of one color in Magic.
There are 5 types of Basic Lands; one for each color of Mana.
- A Plains produces White mana.
- An Island produces Blue mana.
- A Swamp produces Black mana.
- A Mountain produces Red mana.
- A Forest produces Green mana.
- You can only play one land per turn. A basic land or just Land, aka non-Basic Land, is counted as a Land. (There are cards which let you play more!)
- One land provides one mana to the mana pool when tapped.
- You can tap them the turn they were played from the hand.
- They get untapped at the beginning of your turn in the Untap Phase (before the draw and upkeep!)
- A (basic) Land adds 1 mana of that color to your mana pool.
- A land isn't counted as a Spell.
- Playing a land doesn't use the stack